Banana muffins were one of my favourite things my mom used to make! This a healthy twist on the recipe which uses only bananas as the sweetener and quinoa flour instead of conventional white flour making these muffins packed full of fibre and protein!
- 2 cups quinoa flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 Tbsp melted coconut oil
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup almond milk
- 3 very ripe bananas mashed
- 1 handful of chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 375°F. Line a muffin tin with paper liners or grease well with more coconut oil.
- Mix dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Add eggs, milk, melted coconut oil, and mashed bananas and mix until just combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until the tops spring back when lightly touched.
- Enjoy!! And if you’re following the same container system and I, these count as one yellow container and 1/2 a purple!