Do you have that one thing that your mom or dad or grandparent used to bake that reminds you of childhood?? Banana bread is one for me! 🙂
Lately I’ve been working really hard to balance my hormones and I know that grains & dairy definitely are disrupters of that (more on that here)!! BUT I really wanted to make some banana bread the other day – it was cold out and I was just really craving some baking! SO i found this fantastic recipe here and it was so good i had to share it with all y’all!!
- 2 cups almond flour (made from blanched almonds, not almond meal)
- 1/4 cup tapioca starch
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 small extra ripe bananas, equal to 1 cup mashed/pureed
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsp avocado oil (or coconut)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup chocolate chips, plus more for topping
- Preheat oven to 350ºF and line a 8×4 loaf pan with parchment paper; set aside.
- In medium bowl add almond flour, tapioca flour, baking soda and salt.
- In large bowl whisk together mashed banana, eggs, oil and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Pour dry ingredients into large bowl of wet ingredients, using spatula to stir. Then fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into prepared loaf pan, topping with more chocolate chips.
- Bake banana bread for 20 minutes uncovered, then add foil for the last 15-20 minutes of baking to prevent the top from browning too quickly. Mine took about 40 minutes!
- Allow bread to cool in pan for 15 minutes before lifting from the parchment paper to remove bread. Slice into slices and ENJOY!