Well everyone, my first recipe post!! Ahh I’m so excited! It’s been quite a while since I’ve shared anything on this blog but I wanted to start it up again and have a place to share recipes with y’all (and of course the happenings and adventures of life!).
So here it goes!
I LOVE ginger beef! It’s always been a must when we order Chinese food or go out to eat! This past year of being in university and learning how to live on a tight budget has cause me to become even more adventurous and create some of these favourite recipes of mine at home! This recipe is super simple and so perfect for the days where you know you just won’t have time in the evening to make supper!
SLOW COOKER GINGER BEEF
- Beef roast (sliced thinly)
- 1/4 cup tapioca/arrowroot/corn starch)
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2-inch piece of ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar or coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp sriracha sauce
- 1/2 tsp of sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp of chili flakes
- 3 carrots, sliced thinly (or 1 cup grated)
- salt & pepper to taste
- Cut beef into strips and place in ziploc bag with starch. Coat beef well.
- In a bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients (except for carrots).
- Place beef in slow cooker. Pour sauce over top. Add carrots and stir everything together.
- Cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-8 hours.
- Serve with brown rice or cauliflower rice. Enjoy!!
* to make whole30 approved use arrowroot starch, coconut aminos, omit sugar and make sure sriracha sauce & chicken broth has no sugar in it! Serve with cauliflower rice.
* to make Paleo, use coconut aminos, coconut sugar, and serve with cauliflower rice.